Yumex problem

Frank beacon at videotron.ca
Fri Aug 23 22:14:41 UTC 2013

On 08/23/2013 04:32 PM, Jim wrote:
> On 08/23/2013 02:07 PM, Frank wrote:

>>> When running Yumex, and it Fails, nothing shows up in /var/log/yum.log.
>>>
>>> Nothing shows up about Yumex Failed in /var/log/messages.
>>

>>   Yumex runs yum  as a backend...so the yumex.conf file must have
>>
>> use_sudo=1 in it. Its located on my 19 system as $HOME/.config/yumex
>>
>> On my system sudo is configured to give root access without a
>> password. YMMV.
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Frank
>
> I put the  use_sudo=1 in the first line of ~/.config/yumex and then I
> ran yumex as user and got this Error message;
>
>   [jim at localhost Desktop]$ yumex
> 16:05:16 : INFO - Using config file : /home/jim/.config/yumex/yumex.conf

//snip//

> But I found out that if I run Yumex as SU by using this command, "yumex
> --root"  it will force it to run.

   Usage: yumex [options]

   -h, --help            show this help message and exit
   --root                Run as root
   --search-only         Search only mode, faster startup
   --update-only         Search only mode, faster startup
   --disable-netcheck    Disable the automatic network connection check
   -d, --debug           Debug mode
   --noplugins           Disable yum plugins
   --win-size=[wxh]      Set size of window (h = height, w = widght)
   -n, --noauto          No automatic refresh af program start
   --debuglevel=[level]  yum debugging output level
   -c  [config file]     yum config file to use default = /etc/yum.conf
   -X, --execute         Execute command line commands
   -y, --yes             Answer yes or OK to all questions
   --sudo                use sudo to launch the backend (You need a working
                         sudo config)
   --skip-broken         Run yum transaction with skip-broken
   --nogpgcheck          Run yum transaction without checking gpg
signatures on
                         packages
Program Terminated
[frank at localhost ~]$