LibreOffice FInd/Replace problem

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 23:03:23 UTC 2013

On 08/23/2013 06:42 PM, poma wrote:
> On 24.08.2013 00:08, Temlakos wrote:
>> Everyone:
>>
>> I have a problem I seem unable to solve, and it began after I used Fedup
>> to upgrade from F18 to F19.
>>
>> The problem is with LibreOffice.
>>
>> No matter what sort of document I open or create, when I use the Find
>> and Replace function, it either (a) wont find the search key, or (b)
>> will find everything in the document *but* the search key.
>>
>> I filed a bug about this with the LibreOffice organization.
>>
>> They told me they couldn't replicate it in Windows, and suggested it was
>> a Linux-specific bug.
>>
>> Now whom do I file this bug with, and against what product, and how
>> might I correct this?
>>
>> I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling a specific module,
>> namely LibreOffice Writer, the worst offender. And the problem remains.
>>
>> Would I gain anything from removing all applications with LibreOffice in
>> their name, and installing the LibreOffice suite as one installation
>> with as many dependencies as it would find?
>>
>> I would appreciate any help.
>>
>> Temlakos
> $ mv $HOME/.config/libreoffice $HOME/.config/libreoffice-backup
> $ file foobar.odt
> foobar.odt: OpenDocument Text
> $ libreoffice foobar.odt
>

> poma

Well, I couldn't create any "foobar.odt" file. Evidently the "file"
command did not work as you thought it might.

But: I did open LibreOffice in the usual way--after changing the name of
the configuration directory as you suggested--and opened a document I'd
been working on.

And the bad Find-and-Replace problem vanished. Now Find-and-Replace
behaves pretty much "as expected."

Thank you,

Temlakos