Yumex problem

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 24 01:14:01 UTC 2013

On 08/23/2013 06:57 PM, Jim wrote:
> On 08/23/2013 06:18 PM, g wrote:
>> On 08/23/2013 03:32 PM, Jim wrote:
<<>>

>>>      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/iniparse/ini.py", line
>>> 565, in
>>> _readfp
>>>        raise MissingSectionHeaderError(fname, linecount, line)
>>
>> /*NOTE*
>>> MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.
>>> file: /home/jim/.config/yumex/yumex.conf, line: 1
>>> '\xef\xbb\xbf[yumex]\n'
>> /*ETON*

>    [yumex]
> use_sudo=1
> autorefresh = 1
> recentdays = 14
> proxy =
> exclude =
> debug = 0
> color_install = darkgreen
> color_update = red
> color_normal = black
> color_obsolete = blue
> plugins = 1
> yumdebuglevel = 2
> win_height = 494
>

> I guess I should have said line 2 .

there is a difference. :=)

but, you do have where i would say it should be. and why i am wondering
about the "MissingSectionHeaderError:" as in about quotes #2 to this thread.

you have what i have always considered a "section header" because you show

   [yumex]

as a suggestion, back up the 'yumex.conf' file, then 'ftfhoi', remove the
spaces before the "[".

try again. r4t, some config files do not indent a "section header".

it there are more "[section header]", leave them to see what happens.

i ran a search for the "MissingSectionHeaderError:" line and it hit. so
now you know that there are others who had you problem.

it would not do any good for me to read hits, but you need to to see if
any of it falls close to your problem.

link to results page;

   MissingSectionHeaderError File contains no section headers yum

https://ixquick.com/do/search?q=%22MissingSectionHeaderError%3A+File+contains+no+section+headers%22+yum&lui=english

"as always jim, watch out for line wrap". ;=)

for future info, [and such should _always_ be in first post]

fedora release?

desktop used?

why are you running 'yumex' from command line and not as a desktop program?

--

peace out.

sl6.3 linux

tc.hago.