Can't read DVD

Martin S shieldfire at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 07:52:33 UTC 2013

I have a set of DVDs - about 6 years old - I wanted to check out what was on
them. All but 1-2 produce input/output erros and can't be read.
I opened them on my wifes Windows box, and they were read without any problems
at all.

 In Dolphin it opens as empty.
[mskjoldebrand at dragon K3b data project]$ ls
ls: reading directory .: Input/output error

[mskjoldebrand at dragon K3b data project]$ sudo tail -s 3 -f /var/log/messages
Aug 24 09:48:11 dragon kernel: [11573.619129] iso9660: Corrupted directory
entry in block 0 of inode 53504

Can something be done?

/M