how to put a Boot sector on a SD card

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 22:23:26 UTC 2013

On 8/25/2013 4:41 PM, g wrote:

> On 08/25/2013 02:27 PM, David wrote:
> <>
>
>> Sadly I have seen a lot of that attitude around lately. not just here
>> but many 'places'.
>
> it stresses me to hear that.
>
> i would say 'i hate to hear that'. but 'hate' is a word i am trying to
> remove
> from my vocabulary. there is too much of it going around.

My *real* Linux experience goes back to "Linux for Dummies' that came
with a single CD of Redhat 5.2. As a complete Newbie I did have the RTFM
book but did not really understand the geek crap that it was written in.
Almost nothing worked 'Out of the box'. Some really strange named
'things had TUI setups. Most of which was geek talk too. Others were
'some strange name' config file that had to be edited by hand in a text
editor. Which had some strange name.

My *FIRST* experience with 'Linux help lists' was the at the time Redhat
help lists? Help lists? Basically what help they offered me was that I
was too stupid to ever use Linux and obviously too stupid to RTFM and
that I should go someplace else.

A friend of my son from high school offered me Mandrake 6.0. That worked
out of the box. The monitor was set correctly. As was the printer. The
modem. The mouse. The ZIP drive. Remember those? Redhat did not know
what that was. And it had a really user friendly GUI setup application.
I forget what it was called but you could hide several computers behind
one 'Internet account' all all use the same account. And a really,
friendly mail list.

Sadly? What I see today is 'the resurgence of the monsters' that I
remember from 20 years ago with Redhat. How *not to win friends and
influence people!!* IMHO.

And that is truly sad.

>> You have a good one too.
>
> thank you. i will.

Knock. Knock. Any Fedora 'importants' out there? You have a problem. IMHO.

Hope that this does not crap on your good day/night g. Sorry for the ramble.

--

  David