Video is slow

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Mon Aug 26 03:22:57 UTC 2013

On 26/08/13 10:09, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 08/25/2013 04:48 PM, Roger wrote:
>> Took the plunge and following the above installed kmod-nvidia now Fedora
>> boot hangs at  Started Accounts Service
>> I also note that it fails to start ISDN service?
>> Pretty much dead and can't access anything.
>> Help is greatly appreciated thanks.
>> Writing this from Ubuntu.
>> thanks in advance
>
> First, if it's hanging during boot, you can sometimes use ^ALT-F2 to
> get to an alternate terminal and log in as root.  Either that, or edit
> the boot options from Grub to add a 3 to the last line. (Going down to
> the line that starts with the word echo and using the left arrow to go
> up to the end of the preceding line is probably easiest.)  This will
> get you into a CLI environment, if all goes properly.  Once you're
> logged in as root, you can simply mask the ISDN service if you're not
> using it.

Thanks for the info.
I followed the instructions in :
but must have missed something because Fedora 19 is now trash.
Will not even start to boot so I can't get to a terminal.

Unless I can get into things from Ubuntu, and I have no idea how to do
that,  it will probably mean a  fresh install.

I had forgotten the difficulty and complexity of installing nvidia, it
certainly brings back memories, I think the reason I decided  to use
Nouveau was because I was using Fedora as a test bed and updating with
new releases.
Cheers
Roger