Something weird... some passwords gone

Alchemist raimiiic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 15:22:32 UTC 2013

2013/8/26 <linuxnutster at videotron.ca>

> I've suddenly had to retype a bunch of passwords, including banking
> passwords, in firefox and thunderbird. I had selinux disabled on my PC and
> notebook and reactivated it. The strange thing is that thunderbird did not
> lose all of my email passwords, only one. The same on my PC. I am being
> requested to re-enter passwords for my ISP login and banking, but not
> supplier websites. None of this happened on my notebook, only on my PC.
>
> Would this weirdness be selinux reactivation related, update related, or
> something more nefarious? I don't have enough experience with Linux
> security to understand what may have happened. Any input would be
> appreciated...
> --

Run ls -Z ~/.mozilla/*/* to see if mozilla_home_t is in place.
But this may be related to known problem, Firefox 23 breaks browser
profile, double form entries, and sometimes browsing history can not
be completely
deleted. Patched in Firefox 24.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/967159
Try to run Firefox in safe mode (firefox -safe-mode). Or copy your existing
profile connect, load it as independent (firefox -P profile.copy) then
search with sqlitemaner for your stuff.

-or look if you have profile backup.