F19: Wireless not working - dhclient not running?

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Mon Aug 26 22:14:18 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-08-26 at 15:46 -0500, g wrote:
> hello john,
>
> On 08/26/2013 01:39 PM, John Horne wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Updated from F17 to F19 with a fresh install, and have hit a few
> > problems. The main one is that my wireless interface does not come up
> > (it is an Atheros AR9170 device).
>
> i do not recall exactly when something similar was 'threaded', but it
> was a problem of timing as to just what starts when.
>
> awairc, solution was to start wlan last to give time for networking
> time to finish configuring.
>
> sound reasonable?

Other way round I would say :-)

wpa_supplicant must finish before the network starts, if it doesn't then
the wireless interface won't come up. This was a problem years ago
(Fedora 7 or so?) when the SYSV scripts started networking first, and
then wireless. The fix was, as said, to start wpa_supplicant first.

However, this all worked fine with F17 (and systemd) and the starting
order was sorted out a long time ago.

John.

--
John Horne, Plymouth University, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001