Reinstall over LVM

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue Aug 27 04:47:19 UTC 2013

On 27/08/13 14:04, Rejy M Cyriac wrote:
> On 08/27/2013 08:04 AM, Roger wrote:
>> Is it possible to do a re installation of Fedora 19 where the file
>> system is LVM on a 2nd partition on my hard drive without losing files
>> in the /home directory structure?
>> There was a discussion about this some time ago but I didn't take much
>> notice then.
>> TIA
>> Roger
> You can re-install, as long as you maintain the same LVM structure in
> partitioning, and you can retain files if do not choose to reformat the
> logical volume for '/home'

Thank you rmc.
No reason to change the LVM.
This however begs another question.
The installation was originally Fedora 18 which I upgraded to Fed19. I'm
guessing all the apps and installed files, like inkscape, scribus, etc
are in the /root part of the LVM aka /sbin /bin /usr /etc and so on --
is this correct?
Can I format only the /boot and /swap, will all those installed apps
remain intact, and be accessible as before?
TIA
Roger