F19: Wireless not working - dhclient not running?

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Aug 27 15:57:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-27 at 11:18 -0400, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Mihai T. Lazarescu <mtlagm at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>         Check also if the MAC and name of the WiFi interface in the
>         user
>         configuration of NetworkManager matches that of the hardware.
>

> I too would suggest that you double-check that the MAC address -- just
> last week I got the same symptoms from a system where the config files
> thought that the MAC should be one thing, and the actual MAC address
> was different.

The wireless adapter hasn't changed, and the same config files
(wpa_supplicant.conf, ifcfg-wlan0) are being used that worked with F17.

As said, if I run 'ifdown wlan0 && ifup wlan0' then the interface comes
up. That wouldn't happen if the MAC address was wrong.

John.

--
John Horne, Plymouth University, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001