unprivileged users can update the system !

Jehan Procaccia jehan.procaccia at tem-tsp.eu
Tue Aug 27 22:14:37 UTC 2013

Le 27/08/2013 20:17, Stephen Gallagher a écrit :
I noticed that /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/50-default.rules
contains :
polkit.addAdminRule(function(action, subject) {
     return ["*unix-group:wheel*"];

perhaps that's why it is authorized to any logged in users !?

I've been told on irc #fedora to set this
[root at b02-02 rules.d]# cat 60-require-packagekit-update-adminpassword.rules
polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
   if (action.id == "org.freedesktop.packagekit.system-update") {
       return polkit.Result.AUTH_ADMIN;
   }
});

it works, I mean after gpk-update-viewer is started, resolved
dependencies, when about to install it show a Error pop-up " Failed to
obtain authentication."
at least that does what I expected in the first place, unprivileged
users cannot update the system !
perhaps there's a better way to handle this, if you have an idea, let me
know
but I think I can push that file to my hundred fedora19 stations,
hopefully I use cfengine to automate this .
thanks