Linux Kernel Hacked by NSA/GCHQ

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Aug 31 11:53:48 UTC 2013

Am 31.08.2013 06:42, schrieb agraham:
> On 08/31/2013 01:36 AM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>> On 08/30/2013 12:35 PM, agraham wrote:
>>>
>>> As you will all remember, a few years ago we kernel.org was hacked, I
>>> cannot remember if that was ever resolved
>>
>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/239400/hack_or_no_hack_the_linux_kernel_is_well_protected.html
>>

> That was actually my concern:
>
> "Investigations are no doubt continuing on numerous fronts, and Kernel.org is working to make sure that each of its
> 448 users change their passwords and SSH keys."
>
> The attack could have been specifically designed to cause a loss of trust as it did and the key regeneration that
> then occurred resulting in private keys being exposed via one of 448 users weak points, for future use (and would
> then be much harder to detect because nothing was changed at that time)

and last week as i not locked my workstation while going on toilet
somebody could have installed a keylogger in my user-profile or
even somebody managed it to put in a USB stick with a unknown
exploit

*prove it* or stop FUD like "Linux Kernel Hacked by NSA/GCHQ"
at least stop it on the *Fedora* users list