sharing /boot among multible Linux distros

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Dec 1 22:37:44 UTC 2013

> On Nov 29, 2013, at 12:59 PM, Javier Perez <pepebuho at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Yeah I mentioned it about 23 emails back in this thread. The most useful aspect of that doc is the admission that there's a problem. As for the suggested solutions, we end up with more problems some of which were discussed by the creator of gdisk, and the current maintainer of rEFInd, Rod Smith.
>>
>> See comment 14 onward.
>> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=159172&p=1
>
> Shouldn't this kind of propios al be written as a RFC # thingie? Like The TCP pigeon network…

Its presence on freedesktop.org is effectively an RFC. I think more seriousness about having a linux boot experience that isn't utterly craptastic requires the various distro installer and bootloader teams get together in person at something like Linux Plumbers Conference, and hash out the issues and agree to something. Short of that, it's hand waiving.

Chris Murphy