evince

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 22:39:50 UTC 2013

On 12-1-13 17:03:07 David wrote:
> That has been discussed to the ends of the universe. He and several
> others and I use the same Mozilla Thunderbird email client. It works for
> me and not them.

I use Kmail and I also set my threading options to try to approximate
threading by paying attention to the Subject header value, date, and
time.  This makes these broken messages sort into the thread I'm
reading.  But...

Without the required headers, there is no way to do proper threading.
It can only come close using Subject header value, date, and time.

> After (limited time and skills here) the only obvious
> difference that I can see is that 'they' use the Fedora packaged
> Thunderbird and I do not. Does this make a difference?

Almost certainly not.  It is a function of the client settings.  Like
I said, you have told your client to use Subject header value, date,
and time to do threading *if* the correct headers are not supplied.

Here's a look at Patrick's headers:

First I snip out the headers supplied by the servers that received his
message.  Then we come to what his message actually supplied: