evince

David dgboles at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 00:52:58 UTC 2013

On 12/1/2013 7:29 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 12/02/13 08:02, David wrote:
>> Patrick,
>>
>> Your questions and posts have nevrr bothered me. Nor have I seen any
>> complaints until recently.
>>
>> If I was you? I would ignore the jerks and continue on.  \You have a
>> good day.
>>

> I'm not annoyed either, but I would refrain from calling other list members "jerks".
>
> However, I could see how posts/clients which strip out the References: headers are annoying.  While they don't totally "break" the thread in that some (most) clients will display them with the messages of the same Subject:.  However, with clients such as T-Bird it places messages indented based on the References: so you'll get a really good visual as to which message within a thread the rely is paired with.  This is lost when References: is removed.

Hmm...  My first Linux was Redhat v5.2. which came in a book named
"Linux for Dumdums" (SP?). My first experience with mailing list help
was a Redhat list. And, IMO, those people, at that time, were pompous,
stuck up, insulting, A$$HOLES. Pure and simple.

Sadly? I see that becoming the normal here. Not you and many others but
 but I see too many other 'nasty A$$HOLES' lately.

And that is bad. And that is sad.

--

  David