Can't stand Gnome3, I think it's time for Fedora to move on

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Tue Dec 3 01:47:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-11-22 at 00:06 -0500, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> HI
>

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM, inode0 wrote:
>

>         Why shouldn't it matter to him? Who should it matter to?
>

> I already indicated why it shouldn't matter to him because what he
> prefers is already in the repository and he can switch to it
> regardless of the defaults. Among users, it might matter more to
> people who aren't aware of the choices.

I'm with Rahul on this. Now that I can choose MATE as my desktop at
install-time, I could care less what other desktops are on the list. I
have a good friend who feels the same way about GNOME3, and he kids me
about my preference for "old GNOME 2.x". As long as Fedora supports a
wide selection of desktops equally, everybody wins.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL