optimal(?) layout of fedora 19 with one SSD drive and one regular HD?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Dec 3 12:05:04 UTC 2013

Quoting Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>:

> On Dec 2, 2013, at 2:30 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>

>> * another small regular partition for swap?
>
> Swap on the SSD if you will need to use swap regularly, including if
> you want faster recovery from sleep. Otherwise put it on the HDD.
> Make it as big as you plan on memory being in the life of this
> install so you don't have to figure out how to recreate a bigger one.
>
> /, /boot, /home can all go on the SSD so they don't even need to be
> separate partitions. Just make one big partition for all of them.

   i'm not sure i'd put /home on the SSD, as i do all my development
under /home, and part of that development is constantly building very
large (30-40G) output directories using openembedded and the yocto
project. yes, builds would be way faster, but that's a lot of constant
activity under /home -- not sure how well that would work out.

rday