optimal(?) layout of fedora 19 with one SSD drive and one regular HD?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 3 14:52:32 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 02 December 2013, Joe Zeff sent:
> Conventional wisdom used to be that your swap should be twice the size
> of your RAM.

If you want to be able to suspend to hard drive, then swap *needs* to be
bigger than RAM.

Consider whether you will be increasing the size of your RAM in the
future, and take that into account when allocating swap space.  For
instance, if you currently had 2 gig, but your motherboard can handle 8
gig, it might be worth making your swap at least 8 gig, so you don't
have to change swap if you add more RAM.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.13-100.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon May 13 13:36:17 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.