Default browser

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Dec 4 21:14:42 UTC 2013

On 12/05/13 06:42, Beartooth wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 01:32:33 +0100, poma wrote:
>
>> On 03.12.2013 19:09, Beartooth wrote:
>>
>>> 	Thank you, sir!
>> Aahh, these are the first kind words from you.
>> Much obliged.
>> I hope it was not too difficult to utter.
> 	So far, I have seen nothing but sneers and snarls from this
> poster, sometimes accompanied by URLs which look relevant but are
> actually off question. Now he has added untruth to his neo-trollery. I
> see no reason ever to read anything more he may post; and I remind all
> concerned of the sage advice not to feed trolls.

A few months ago I was having some problems in respite of WiFi
connections, and
asked this list about them.  I got a response from "poma" which was
completely
cryptic and (to me) incomprehensible, but after a bit of nudging "poma"
provided
me with a step-by-step recipe to diagnose and rectify my problem. So I
have evidence
that he (I assume "he") can be kind and helpful if approached properly
and with
sufficient persistence.

I never did get around to thanking "poma" for his assistance; this was
churlish
of me.  My apologies to "poma".

That being said I do find most of his (?) posts to be cryptic, flippant,
bewildering,
unutterably terse and impossible to understand.  It is not clear to me
whether
he aims at being bewildering or simply doesn't realize that no-one (or
hardly
anyone) else in the world is on his wave-length.

At any rate I would hesitate to write him off as a "troll" or to ignore
his posts
completely.  Just treat most of his posts with a shrug and delete them.
There
will be (probably) be the occasional useful gem.

     cheers,

     Rolf Turner