ssh tunel failure.

Paweł Sikora pawel.sikora at agmk.net
Thu Dec 5 18:13:14 UTC 2013

On Thursday 05 of December 2013 12:04:07 Carlos casep Sepulveda wrote:
> On 5 December 2013 11:59, Paweł Sikora <pawel.sikora at agmk.net> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > i've recently reinstalled my previous distro with fc20-beta and observing
> > strange ssh tunels disconnection. i'm establishing tunels in this way:
> >
> > ssh -2fCN -p ${non-default port} -L
> > ${local_port}:${endpoint}:{$endpoint_port} ${login}@${gatE}.
> >
> > after some time (mostly few minutes) all unused ssh tunels die.
> > any ideas?
>
> Hi:
> What about launching the ssh with -vvv or similar?

here's example debug log from short web session (firefox+ 2x page reload
+quit) via tunnel.

(... authorization cut ...)

debug1: Local connections to LOCALHOST:1235 forwarded to remote address
gnats:8888
debug3: channel_setup_fwd_listener: type 2 wildcard 0 addr NULL
debug3: sock_set_v6only: set socket 4 IPV6_V6ONLY
debug1: Local forwarding listening on ::1 port 1235.
debug2: fd 4 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug3: fd 4 is O_NONBLOCK
debug1: channel 0: new [port listener]
debug1: Local forwarding listening on 127.0.0.1 port 1235.
debug2: fd 5 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug3: fd 5 is O_NONBLOCK
debug1: channel 1: new [port listener]
debug2: fd 3 setting TCP_NODELAY
debug3: packet_set_tos: set IP_TOS 0x10
debug1: Requesting no-more-sessions at openssh.com
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: Connection to port 1235 forwarding to gnats port 8888 requested.
debug2: fd 6 setting TCP_NODELAY
debug2: fd 6 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug3: fd 6 is O_NONBLOCK
debug1: channel 2: new [direct-tcpip]
debug2: channel 2: open confirm rwindow 2097152 rmax 32768
debug2: channel 2: window 1997193 sent adjust 99959
debug2: channel 2: window 1993720 sent adjust 103432
debug2: channel 2: window 1994781 sent adjust 102371
debug2: channel 2: window 1997613 sent adjust 99539
debug2: channel 2: rcvd eof
debug2: channel 2: output open -> drain
debug1: channel 2: forcing write
debug2: channel 2: obuf empty
debug2: channel 2: close_write
debug2: channel 2: output drain -> closed
debug2: channel 2: read<=0 rfd 6 len 0
debug2: channel 2: read failed
debug2: channel 2: close_read
debug2: channel 2: input open -> drain
debug2: channel 2: ibuf empty
debug2: channel 2: send eof
debug2: channel 2: input drain -> closed
debug2: channel 2: send close
debug3: channel 2: will not send data after close
debug2: channel 2: rcvd close
debug3: channel 2: will not send data after close
debug2: channel 2: is dead
debug2: channel 2: garbage collecting
debug1: channel 2: free: direct-tcpip: listening port 1235 for gnats port
8888, connect from ::1 port 50175, nchannels 3
debug3: channel 2: status: The following connections are open:
  #2 direct-tcpip: listening port 1235 for gnats port 8888, connect from ::1
port 50175 (t4 r0 i3/0 o3/0 fd 6/6 cc -1)

[...]
8888, connect from ::1 port 50176, nchannels 3
debug3: channel 2: status: The following connections are open:
  #2 direct-tcpip: listening port 1235 for gnats port 8888, connect from ::1
port 50176 (t4 r0 i3/0 o3/0 fd 6/6 cc -1)

debug1: Connection to port 1235 forwarding to gnats port 8888 requested.
debug2: fd 6 setting TCP_NODELAY
debug2: fd 6 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug3: fd 6 is O_NONBLOCK
debug1: channel 2: new [direct-tcpip]
debug2: channel 2: open confirm rwindow 2097152 rmax 32768
debug2: channel 2: read<=0 rfd 6 len 0
debug2: channel 2: read failed
debug2: channel 2: close_read
debug2: channel 2: input open -> drain
debug2: channel 2: ibuf empty
debug2: channel 2: send eof
debug2: channel 2: input drain -> closed
debug2: channel 2: write failed
debug2: channel 2: close_write
debug2: channel 2: chan_shutdown_write: shutdown() failed for fd 6: Transport
endpoint is not connected
debug2: channel 2: output open -> closed
[...]
8888, connect from ::1 port 50479, nchannels 3
debug3: channel 2: status: The following connections are open:
  #2 direct-tcpip: listening port 1235 for gnats port 8888, connect from ::1
port 50479 (t4 r0 i3/0 o3/0 fd 6/6 cc -1)

Write failed: Broken pipe

--
gpg key fingerprint = 60B4 9886 AD53 EB3E 88BB 1EB5 C52E D01B 683B 9411