How to install DVD version from iso on hard drive -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Dec 6 03:20:22 UTC 2013

On 05/12/13 22:11, David wrote:

>> > But the problem is that Fedora-19 wont boot, forget F-20b! Got to fix
>> > F-19's grub.
>> >
> Can't say about Fedora 19 so this is a 'try this' and I really don't
> like 'try this' suggestions.
>
> But...  In the past I have booted the *same version* disk and told it to
> *update*. Nothing gets updated since all is the same or newer but Grub
> gets rewritten.
>
> YMMV but it has worked for m in the past.
>
> -- David

I was going to try that but didn't have an install disk, I probably installed from a Live Spin using a USB thumb drive. Can make another one when I feel motivated, in the mean time I have a good work around.

I thought Fedora Linux was a friendly install, didn't overwrite other systems like Windows does? Something has changed ...

Bob
--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
Box 10 Fedora-19/64 XFCE Linux