How to install DVD version from iso on hard drive -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Dec 6 08:23:20 UTC 2013

On 06/12/13 00:34, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2013, at 8:20 PM, "Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA" <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
>> I thought Fedora Linux was a friendly install, didn't overwrite other systems like Windows does?
> No installer should overwrite itself or another system without it being clear it's doing so, or ideally only possible by explicit action by the user. Otherwise it's bad design or a bug. Much consideration went into the new installer UI specifically to make it more clear when existing data is going to be removed.
>

> Chris Murphy

I'll have to run the installer without actually going beyond the point
of writing to disk. I remember there were three items to delete but I
think they were all on the "new" HD [on which I had done rm -fr *] and I
just clicked delete for them all. I still have a mental image but can't
read the details!

Actually I think the present situation might really be preferred [by
me]. Much like bringing up the BIOS setup screen with DEL at turn on I
press "F9" and get a boot menu, select the hard drive I want and proceed
with one of the grub screens, different but not a real problem. I kind
of like the idea of completely separate systems. I also have a copy of
F20b in a VMware VM which works well enough using XFCE instead of the
unfathomable Gnome3.

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD