Issues after update in cinnamon in f19

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 15:26:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am using f19 and and I recently did a yum update. I was using cinnamon as
my default desktop environment and after the update, when I start cinnamon
the CPU usage is 100% and cinnamon is the process that uses most of the CPU.

When I click on the network manager icon, the menu includes only "Network
settings". My wi-fi connections and mobile broadband connections are no
longer listed. I created a new connection for mobile broadband from
settings and managed to connect, but when I restart the connection was not
there, I had to create the connection from the wizard again. It seems that
the network manager in cinnamon doesn't retain the settings. But network
manager works fine with GNOME. Therefore I suspect that the issues are
something to do with cinnamon.

Are there anyone who share the same experience? any remedy?

--
Best Regards,

Kalpa Welivitigoda
Junior Treasurer | Electrical Engineering Society
Undergraduate | Department of Electrical Engineering
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka
+94776509215
http://about.me/callkalpa