usb disk, in reverse?

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Sun Dec 8 16:38:59 UTC 2013

12/07/2013 08:16 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> It is possible with the right kind of arduino chip
> and the right firmware for it to make something that looks
> like a USB drive. (At least I think I figured out that
> was possible once).
>
> I keep hoping someone will combine that with a network
> interface so I can make a NFS or CIFS filesystem
> appear to be a thumb drive to a stoopid TV that refuses
> to read file shares, but can play anything from a
> thumb drive.
>
> So far, I haven't seen such a gadget. (I wonder what
> the response would be on kickstarter, but I'm not
> gonna implement it :-).

Thanks Tom,

I was hoping for a *free* solution, but I really like the Arduino
concept.  Those are already guest USB.  There are ethernet and wifi
shields available.  Throw in a SD/μSD shield and it could be wired or
stand-alone.  Now where did I put the Altoids???

kickstarter sounds like a *great* idea.