Burning Audio CD with Brasero

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Dec 9 02:07:12 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 08 December 2013, Jim sent:
> Xine will play The CD but when you show Playlist, you get Titles I
> have never seen before, I don't know where they are getting these
> titles names

Usually some internet CD audio database.  They do things like compare
disc IDs, track lengths, or some type of checksumming, to try and figure
out what disc you're playing, then pull a track list out of their
database.  Sometimes it's even completely wrong with commercial discs.

Often it's correct, with minor annoying faults.  e.g. Since the database
is made up from user-submissions, typing errors creep in, plus you have
users who type in wrong data, either through ignorance or trying to be a
deliberate pain.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.