font manager

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Dec 9 02:10:49 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 09 December 2013, Patrick Dupre sent:
> The behavior of the font veiwer is also strange, I cannot view the
> symbol font. Onlt square boxes are displayed!

Just a thought, but it's possible that the symbol font only contains
symbols, and are you trying to view letters as test objects?

e.g. You need a font with normal letters to show a test like "the quick
brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."  A symbol-only font would only show
characters if you try to type out the symbols.  Which could be "!@#$%
^&*()," or the more esoteric ones that you don't see on the querty
keyboard.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.