usb disk, in reverse?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 10:54:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Chris Murphy:
> >> Offhand I'm not thinking why a TV would need mount media as
> >> read-write.
>

> Patrick O'Callaghan:
> > In principle, it would allow the TV to flag shows that have already
> > been seen, or even delete shows under user command. Not that I know of
> > any that actually do this of course.
>
> Or remember the user-corrected rotation of photos that have been viewed.

Indeed, and no doubt other features would come to mind, e.g. remember
current position in video so the user can pick it up on another viewing
device, reorganize videos into folders, configure per-folder sorting
criteria, etc. etc. We could make TVs as complicated as phones (remember
when phones were simple?)

poc