OT: majordomo and ezmlm are so uncool

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Wed Dec 11 15:19:54 UTC 2013

12/11/2013 06:29 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> What is the attraction of these decrepit mailing-list programs?

I can't speak to Mailman but I'll speak up for ezmlm.

It hasn't been updated for years because it was well written and it just
works.  No bugs have been found that would require changes to the code.

I set up qmail with ezmlm for a completely non-technical type and he
took to it like a duck to water.  It allowed him to control all aspects
of the list with nothing more than a mail client.  In all these years it
has never crashed or required any maintenance whatsoever.

No reason to shoot a good horse :)