auto-mounting removable drives

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 11 23:25:59 UTC 2013

On 12/11/2013 7:14 AM, poma wrote:
> With this[1] patch the Thunar Volume Management is unchecked by default,
> which reflects the true initial state of this option.
> Paul, do you want to file a bug report?
>

> poma
>

> [1] 'thunar-pref-vol-management.diff' - attach

Poma:

Confirmed bug and submitted bugzilla.xfce #10539 (included that user
"poma" from this list found the bug, though I only submitted what I
could confirm through my testing).

After all this, I discovered that the drives/media still do not
auto-mount, even though the property /misc-volume-management is there
and set to true. A bit of a dig in their bugzilla shows #9193 which
looks kinda similar with a bunch of comments, suggestions, tests, etc.
but no explicit mention of a patch being released.

I guess I will just see what happens now and, if necessary, get used to
manually mounting the volume. Given how long I've spent on looking at
this issue, I could have manually mounted a whole lot of drives/media
(smile).

Thank you for your help
Paul