install fedora via usb stick

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Dec 13 04:12:46 UTC 2013

Pasha R wrote:
> An issue I recently encountered: USB created with dd or LiveUSB creator might
> not boot on EFI systems. The only tool that worked for me was livecd-iso-to-disk
> with --efi option (required me to add --format, too, so it is destructive).

I thought the LiveCD had the appropriate UEFI stuff already, I have booted the
CD on UEFI machines, so I didn't have to think about it. So far all the machines
I use have worked with the dd to USB, although that doesn't give you persistent
storage.

Been playing with fc20beta3 Live in just that way.

Don't forget untbootin as well, another tool to build USB.

Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>