failed updates

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Dec 13 04:32:46 UTC 2013

Frank McCormick wrote:

>>> I'm getting this message for pretty much every mirror on an F20 system, it
>>> seems to be an actual problem. However, dnf uses slightly different metadata
>>> and it's still working where yum fails.
>>>

>> That's a new bug in yum-3.4.3-119 for both F19 and F20 with updates-testing.
>> The -120 update fixes that:
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/yum
>>

>    Well that solves the problem. What I don't understand is that so
> few reported the difficulties. Michael you saved the day for me again !
> Thanks

May I take an educated guess? If you have no IPv6, no problem, IPv4 is used.So
you never see the problem.My problem was that I do have IPv6, but got it by
getting a cheap (ie. slow) connection from a 2nd ISP. So yum uses IPv6 at 1Mbit
instead of IPv4 at 20Mbit. Really slow updates until I shut down IPv6 during
upgrades.

HTH

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>