Fedora-20 beta -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Dec 17 19:05:32 UTC 2013

On 17/12/13 13:49, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:38:49 -0500
> Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
>
>> What do I do with a Fedora-20 beta install to update it? It was
>> updated early this morning and I suspect it is now the equivalent of
>> the new release.
> You will need to do a 'yum distro-sync' or re-enable the
> updates-testing repo if you wish to help test updates. See:
>
> http://www.scrye.com/wordpress/nirik/2013/12/01/updates-testing-and-final-freeze-time-again/
>
> for more info.
>
> kevin

It seems they insist testers use a straight Fedora 20 install and I
prefer to use XFCE configured as I want things so I gave up on helping test.

Ok, I ran "yum distro-sync" and that appeared to do what it should.

Then yum update again:

[root at box10 bobg]# yum update
Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
Unable to send message to PackageKit
No packages marked for update

Thanks,

Bob