Fedora-20 beta -

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Dec 17 19:25:19 UTC 2013

On 12/17/2013 10:48 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:

> As I said I updated it around 04:00 this morning before the official
> release time so it would seem it whould be updated to the max.

Why be in such a hurry to upgrade?  Is being an early adopter that
important to you?  On the first day or so of a new release, the repos
are going to be slammed, just as the MS servers are on Patch Tuesday.
And, of course, there's always the few (we hope) bugs and glitches that
didn't get caught in beta-testing.  I always wait at least a week, to
see how things are going, and then I only upgrade my laptop.  My
desktop, and main work machine, can wait until I'm sure that the
laptop's OK.  And, if I see large numbers of threads here and on the
various web fora about upgrade issues, I'll wait even longer, sometimes
skipping a version if it seems buggier than normal.  Of course, I'm only
responsible for my own boxes at home, and being retired have no work
boxes to consider, but I'd think that a little bit of patience might be
a good thing here.  YMMV, and clearly does, but I do wonder a tad about
what's the big rush.  (If you have a good reason, such as a need for the
newest version of something, of course, that's different.  It's just the
"change for the sake of change" attitude that I don't quite understand.)