how to (properly) shut down a fedora 20 virtual machine?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Dec 17 19:59:24 UTC 2013

On Dec 17, 2013, at 12:29 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>  ah, and doing "virsh shutdown f20" blanks the console of the VM,
> but leaves the VMM displaying "f20 Running". so "virsh shutdown"
> isn't even shutting down the VM properly.

Urgh. I think this is a bug getting the external shutdown message passed into the VM. So this might mean setting up the VM with a serial device, and using virsh console so that even if it gets networking in the VM all shutdown, you can still control and see what's happening, or in this case what's not happening..

Chris Murphy