Fedora-20 beta -

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Dec 17 20:43:34 UTC 2013

On 12/17/2013 12:32 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
> In fact by definition it's people running pre-release for whatever
> reason who are doing the testing! And even if you don't want, or don't
> think you're wanted, to fill out test matrices, you can still provide
> feedback on individual packages. People with the time, resources and
> inclination are more than welcome to run beta.

Of course.  And, if you're running beta, you need to understand that the
software you're using may not be ready for prime time yet.  I've seen
enough threads on various support fora from users running beta and
expecting it to be as well polished and bug free (ha!) as production
versions to know that there are an awful large number of people who
think that beta means "latest and greatest."

And, as far as running beta goes, I have the time and the resources, but
not the inclination.  Cleaning up after an upgrade hung, or otherwise
failed so that I don't have to do a complete re-install and figure out
what packages I forgot to select is about the biggest job I'm willing to
get involved in any more.