qmake

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 00:22:25 UTC 2013

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:23:47 -0600, Richard Shaw wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Patrick Dupre <pdupre at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a qmake package for fedora?
> > I found stuff for windows but nothing for linux!
>

> # repoquery --whatprovides /usr/bin/qmake-qt4
> qt-devel-1:4.8.4-19.fc19.i686
> qt-devel-1:4.8.4-19.fc19.x86_64
> qt-devel-1:4.8.5-10.fc19.x86_64
> qt-devel-1:4.8.5-10.fc19.i686

It's kinda hard to find if one expects it not to be shipped with Qt
and not even "yum search all qmake" finds it.

Similarly, if one did "yum search moc", one would not find Qt's moc (and
package "moc" is something else), and with "yum search qt moc" one would
find "automoc" only.

Indeed the queries such as

  # repoquery --whatprovides /usr/bin/qmake\*

are more fruitful in such a case.