fedup to F20 failed

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Dec 18 07:31:37 UTC 2013

On Dec 18, 2013, at 12:13 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> On 12/17/2013 10:04 PM, Steven Stern wrote:
>> I made a DVD and ran
>>
>>   fedup --device --network 20
>
>> Anyone else have a similar problem?
> I am not having your problem but a similiar one.
>
> Here on one system, after having run fedup on f19, when rebooting for upgrade, the "upgrade system" starts, but after a couple of minute suddenly seems to stop and reboots into the old (f19) kernel without the upgrade actually having been performed.
>
> Except that I am observing selinux alerts and systemd-journald warnings/error during the upgrade, I don't know the cause.
>
> I guess, I'll resort to a traditional yum upgrade.

Update to fedup 0.8
yum update fedup --enablerepo=updates-testing

This contains the details including renaming the folders so that files already downloaded with fedup 0.7 won't be redownloaded with fedup 0.8:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test-announce/2013-December/000842.html

Chris Murphy