SSD Partitioning OP/Trim recommendations

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Dec 18 13:03:27 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 04:41 AM, John Obaterspok wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm going to setup F20 with a new SSD disk (256gb Samsung 840 PRO) and
> was wondering about best practices for Over Provisioning during
> partitioning.

hmmm.  I just ordered a Crucial M500 256GB SSD for my new install. I
thought I would have it all to work with (currently using a 320GB HD, so
that is a 64GB reduction already).  Are you implying here that you need
to not use all of the SSD drive so that it has some swap around?

I chose the M500 over the 840 based on price and reviews.  The M500 uses
MLC NAND compared to the 840 using TLC NAND.