f20 - hostname

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Dec 18 21:30:53 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 04:08 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 12/19/13 03:57, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Yes.  I have notes on this, and did the change.  But past installs let me set it at install time via a dialog prompt.  That is what I am asking about.  Where did it get moved to???
> It was taken out and, as explained, moved to a post-install utility.  This was actually done in F19.

Ah, like I said, I skipped f18 and 19.  Now I remember putting in just
the name, not the full fqdn.  Will try that next time.

I tend to do a number of installs on the test machine before trying it
on the main box.  This is a minor issue.  Easy enough to correct.  Not
like figuring out what happened to gedit and nautilus.  And getting
updates to be applied at install time.