f20 strange local repo behaviour

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Dec 18 23:24:07 UTC 2013

when I edited the yum.repos.d files to point to my local repos, I got
the following error doing a yum update:

Error: Package: gnutls-utils-3.1.17-3.fc20.i686 (updates)
            Requires: libopts.so.25
  You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
  You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I have the same number of files locally that I am seeing on the mirrors,
so what gives?  Is there perhaps a permission problem?  I used rsync to
build my repo:

rsync -auv --delete --exclude=debug/
rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/updates/20/i386/
/var/flexshare/shares/repo/fedora/20/updates/i386