Fedora 19 packages on F20

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Thu Dec 19 07:16:03 UTC 2013

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:46:07 -0800 Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:

> On 12/18/2013 10:42 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > Off a fresh install of F20 because upgrade did not work spectacularly,
> > I noticed that there are a number of F19 packages (including some from
> > rpmfusion) on my machine.
>
> That just means that there's not a newer version available.  Fedora
> doesn't do a mass repackaging for every version, and that's a Good
> Thing.  Imagine how much more you'd need to download for an upgrade if
> they did.

I am not sure I know why it is a good or bad thing. Seems to me that it
would make sense is a context where we would not have to upgrade at all,
which is what would happen if we just had a rolling release model....

Thanks for the clarification!

Best,
Ranjan

> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use
appropriate addresses.