f20 - gedit

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Thu Dec 19 13:35:47 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 08:05:49AM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> >Confirm
> >used dconf-editor instead to set the overrides and now those entries
> >appear within gedit.
>
> What did you change?  I just went through all of dconf-editor listed
> items and did not recognize anything to change that would turn on
> settings/preferences in gedit let alone directly turn off word wrap.

When you open gedit in Fed20 + Gnome-3.10 a gedit icon appears in the
top bar. If you click on this and choose 'preferences' you will see
under 'Text Wrapping' the entries: 'enable text wrapping' and 'do not
split words over two lines'. Is this what you are looking for.

I assume you are using standard Gnome-3.10 and not "classic mode".
I know nothing about "classic mode" (don't use it).

Is this icon not visible in your install?

AV