Fedora 19 packages on F20

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Dec 19 13:48:20 UTC 2013

On 12/19/13 21:36, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 10:22:14 +0000 Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 11:17:46 +0100
>> Mateusz Marzantowicz <mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl> wrote:
>> ownload for an upgrade if they did.
>>> That just means that someone haven done his job or there was an
>>> error during package rebuild which hasn't been fixed yet (correct
>>> me if I'm wrong but there is something like mass rebuild in Fedora).
>>>
>>> Please file bugzilla report against this packages but excluding that
>>> from rpmfussion.
>>>
>> Wrong, yum update was used (check earlier threads from op)
>> yum distro-sync is your friend.
> Actually not in this case. It was a clean install.

As previously pointed out, there is nothing to be concerned about.  There are cases where a package is not rebuilt to fc20.  If you look at the Packages directory in the F20 DVD you'd find....

dbus-java-2.7-12.fc19.x86_64.rpm
gstreamer-plugins-espeak-0.4.0-2.fc19.x86_64.rpm
keybinder-0.3.0-2.fc19.x86_64.rpm
liblqr-1-0.4.1-5.fc19.x86_64.rpm
rubygem-therubyracer-0.11.0-2.fc19.x86_64.rpm

and I would expect there to be others in the repos for things not on the DVD.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts