gmvault fails on fedora 17

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu Dec 19 14:35:12 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 09:50:01 AM +0000, Frank Murphy wrote:

> Fedora 17 has python 2.7 as can be seen
> and python modules built against 2.7 (normal practise)
>
> Check the src, and see if you need to install some lib*
> https://github.com/gaubert/gmvault/tree/v1.8-beta-20130321
>
> You won't get many to check for you.

The install page http://gmvault.org/install.html explicitly says

	   Gmvault has been heavily tested with Python 2.6.x and
	   Python 2.7.x versions

Besides, I get the same errors in a standard installation and in the
virtualenv sandbox.

considering all this, it's almost certain that it could take me weeks
to figure out what the heck is happening, so I won't do it.

But I am NOT asking anybody else to do it for me and I never did. My
original email does NOT say "do my work for me because I don't feel
like it". It only, explicitly says "any feedback is appreciated".  I
am just checking if somebody already HAPPENS to know what the answer
may be.

--

M. Fioretti http://mfioretti.com                   http://stop.zona-m.net

software is used *around* you