f20 - SD card dropping to read-only after suspend/resume

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 19 17:50:01 UTC 2013

I have an SD card all the time in my Asus ee900 that I have just put f20
i386 on.  I close the system regularly then open it up, unlock and do
something.  On f17, this was not a problem.  I just realized that the SD
card would become read-only after resume.  i have to unmount it, remove
it, and reinsert it to get it writeable.  I also have to close the copy
of Nautilus that was open and start a new copy to actually access the SD
card (even though it shows listed). I know the problem is not just in
Nautilus, because in a terminal window, I cannot cp a file to the SD card.

A bug I guess?  I am getting ready to do a reinstall on the system. I
have learned a few things, see there was a BIG update last night (600Mb
download for each i386 and x86_64).