rsync not backing up all files

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Dec 19 21:56:01 UTC 2013

On 18Dec2013 10:17, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying this for me. I suspected directories, but did
> not think I had THAT many! Obviously it was more than just
> directories. I will save this little find in my notes of things to
> check.

Symlinks maybe.

Or hardlinks (but you're not using -H).
IIRC, the /lib/modulestree is heavily hardlinked if you keep multiple
kernels around.

Anyway, run a report on that find to count things by file type
(dirs, symlinks, devices etc) and see what you get.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Thought: Why does man kill?  He kills for food.  And not only for
food: frequently there must be a beverage.      - Woody Allen