Disable PulseAudio on a NAS

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Thu Dec 19 21:58:07 UTC 2013

On 12/19/2013 01:16 PM, John Obaterspok issued this missive:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think I'll need to have PA enabled on my NAS. What is the
> easiest way to *disable* it?

Unless you log into a desktop environment, it shouldn't run. If you do
log into a desktop, then go to the session startup config for that
desktop and remove it. E.g., in my XFCE desktop, under "Settings->
Session and Startup", under the "Application Startup" tab, I'd remove
"PulseAudio Sound System".
-   After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away   -
-                from the people who didn't do it.                   -
-                                         -- William S.Burroughs     -