f20 - gedit

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 19 22:22:54 UTC 2013

On 12/19/2013 08:35 AM, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 08:05:49AM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>>> Confirm
>>> used dconf-editor instead to set the overrides and now those entries
>>> appear within gedit.
>> What did you change?  I just went through all of dconf-editor listed
>> items and did not recognize anything to change that would turn on
>> settings/preferences in gedit let alone directly turn off word wrap.
> When you open gedit in Fed20 + Gnome-3.10 a gedit icon appears in the
> top bar. If you click on this and choose 'preferences' you will see
> under 'Text Wrapping' the entries: 'enable text wrapping' and 'do not
> split words over two lines'. Is this what you are looking for.
>
> I assume you are using standard Gnome-3.10 and not "classic mode".
> I know nothing about "classic mode" (don't use it).
>
> Is this icon not visible in your install?

Fresh install.  Have not applied the updates yet.  I see that gedit icon
on the top bar once gedit is running.  It has a down arrow right next to
it.  I assume that lets me switch between copies of gedit if more than
one is open.  But neither left or right click on this icon produced
anything.  No action at all.  Perhaps you enabled something else first
for gnome?