F20: system does not resume from hibernate

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Dec 19 22:39:08 UTC 2013

On Dec 19, 2013, at 11:16 AM, Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 10:00:16 -0800 Steven Rosenberg
> <stevenhrosenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>>> I have to ask:  We should *we* have to do that?  Surely, the
>>> *installation* *routine* should be setting that up.
>>

>> And how!
>
> Like it used to.....or put in an rpm, installation of which does
> this….

I'm confused whether this requires a kernel parameter to work correctly, or if it's something systemd should be managing better, and the resume= parameter is deprecated under systemd.

If it requires this kernel parameter, it's anaconda that should write out the necessary parameter to /etc/default/grub so that it ends up in the grub.cfg. So a bug would need to be filed against anaconda.

However, this may be the domain of systemd recently.
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-suspend.service.html

Chris Murphy