F20 in VirtualBox VM

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 20 01:44:12 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-12-19 at 18:26 -0700, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-12-20 at 08:04 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
> > Yes.  Been installing and testing F20 on a VM for a while now.
> >
> >  But make sure you're running VirtualBox 4.3.6
>
> Thanks for the tip, I was on 4.3.4 . So I upgraded to 4.3.6, installed
> the extension pack, and...  I still get a black screen after selecting
> "install Fedora 20" from the Anaconda/syslinux boot menu.

I wanted to use VB because I have been using it since forever and I have
a couple of existing VMs that I want to keep using  (as well as some
management scripts I've written). For the F20 install, it's just
temporary, so I decided to try just doing one in KVM, and that seems to
be working so far.

At some point I'd like to move away from depending on Oracle, so I may
look into what it would take to convert a Windows VM under VirtualBox to
running under KVM/libvirt instead.

--Greg